Your Light Switch

iStock_000025542763_MediumiSTOCK

Whenever you flick a light switch, you may be coming into contact with a surprising amount of germs. What’s the deal here? As it turns out, you end up transferring any bacteria you pick up from other surfaces onto your light switch and vice versa. Due to the fact that you probably don’t clean your light switch that often, a light switch can be a huge landing point for bacteria. How about over 200 bacteria per square inch? Public light switches have the potential to harbor even more germs. Your best bet may be to wipe down your light switches once in a while.