Chocolate can be very dangerous for dogs to consume. The darker chocolate is the more deadly it tends to be due to the presence of caffeine and theobromine. As such, white chocolate tends to be less risky but you should still keep any kind of chocolate away from your dog. Poisoning from chocolate can result in symptoms such as seizures, dehydration, fatigue, irregular heart beats, and even death. If you suspect your dog has consumed even a little bit of chocolate, observe carefully. Symptoms other than mild restlessness should warrant an immediate visit to the vet.